Tinkadventures can provide a range of navigational courses should you wish to build your confidence in the outdoors and increase your skills map reading. These include:
- Introduction to Navigation – a 1 day course for those with no prior knowledge of navigation or only previously navigated around country lanes and tracks
- Navigation Improver – a 1 day course for those with some navigation experience but want to be out in a range of terrain, more wild moorland and mountains, away from paths and be confident navigating.
- Advanced Navigation – a 1 day course for those who are good at navigating and want to feel confident to be out in any conditions and terrain.
- Night navigation – a 3-4 hour session learning techniques for navigating at night (obviously delivered in the evening in the dark autumn/winter months!)
Qualifications/ weekend courses
- National Navigation Award Scheme Bronze Award Training and Assessment – a 2 day course for those with no navigation experience. Learn to navigate in the countryside using paths tracks and other linear features, basic map interpretation and compass work is included.
- National Navigation Award Scheme Silver Award Training and Assessment – a 2 day course for those with some navigation experience. Navigation in the countryside developing skills required to navigate to features and places some distance from paths and tracks, accurate compass work is required and an ability to use appropriate navigational techniques to go across country in some cases, eg. choosing an appropriate attack point.
If you’re interested in a NNAS course please check out the NNAS link for course dates or get in touch for a bespoke course for your group.