Our 2 day Hill Skills courses are personal skills courses, accredited by Mountain Training. They provide a perfect introduction to hillwalking for anyone of any ability. You’ll cover where to walk, what to wear, how to plan and follow routes, useful information about the upland environment and weather, and what to do if things don’t go to plan.
By the end of the course you will have gained the skills and techniques to be confident and comfortable planning, and undertaking, your own hill walks. You will have loads of time outside on practical learning days.
This course covers the Mountain Training Hill Skills syllabus. If you wish to receive Mountain Training Mountain Skills accreditation you will need to register for this with www.mountain-training.org
Hill Skills course covers:
- Walking Skills – what things you should consider while out walking and what can make life easier (pace, nutrition, movement skills)
- Navigation Skills – including using basic features and symbols, using a compass, navigation strategies and electronic devices
- Weather – how it affects the hills and your day out
- Clothing and Equipment – how being suitably dressed and equipped can make the difference between a good day out and a bad day out
- Environment – how to minimise your impact on the hill and good practice
- Hazards and Emergency Procedures – how to deal with any hazards you encounter and what to do in an emergency
No experience required to join this course, just an enthusiasm to be outdoors!
We know everyones abilities are different and we will tailor the course to the needs of those attending.
Full kit list will be provided with joining instructions.
Tinkadventures is a registered provider of the Mountain Training Hill and Mountain Skills courses and our tutors are accredited by Mountain Training.
Throughout all our courses Tinkadventures seeks to promote the AdventureSmart.uk initiative to ensure safety in the outdoors.