LOCATION: PEAK DISTRICT
DURATION: 1 OR 2 DAYS
COST: STARTING FROM £35PP
The Peak 3 Peaks Challenge
The Peak District 3 Peaks is the first leg of the Pennine way; Edale to Marden. Where normally the hike is done in 2 days, the Peak 3 Peaks challenge completes the distance in just 1 day.
The hike crosses the 3 highest points in the Peak District National Park: Kinder Scout (633m), Bleaklow (633m) and The Black Hill (582m). With a total distance over 42km and height gain of over 1300m, the walk is an epic adventure that covers the wildest, most remote and most stunning scenery in The Peak District National Park.
The hike will is led by our expert Mountain Leaders that are qualified, insured and highly experienced. All you need to do is come with sense of adventure; we’ll do the rest.
The Peak District 3 Peak Challenge is a 42km trekking challenge that can be completed in 1 or 2 days:
- Meet at Edale train station. Safety briefing.
- Valley walk to Upper Booth.
- Ascend Kinder Scout (633 m) via Jacobs Ladder.
- Traverse the valley edge past Kinder Downfall to Mill Hill.
- Descend to Snake Pass.
- Ascend Bleaklow (633m), then descend to Torside/Crowden. (camp if done in 2 days).
- Ascend the Black hill (582m) by Laddow rocks.
- Descend to Wessenden Head.
- Descend Wessenden to Marsden Station.
- Debrief and depart.
Trekking the Peak 3 Peaks 1 day challenge trek of approximately 42 km (26 miles) or can be done in 2 shorter days. The total ascent is approximately 1300m.
The terrain is hill and moorland and is often rough/uneven, sometimes rocky. Commitment to the route is moderate.
The hike is graded as moderate or challenging in difficulty and is suitable for beginners with high fitness and/or moderate experience walking off-road.
The event costs include specialist equipment such as maps, compasses and first aid equipment, etc, that will be carried by our Mountain Leader/s. Participants are required to bring some mandatory personal kit:
- Rucksack large enough for all your kit
- Walking boots
- Outdoor clothing (No jeans!)
- Waterproof jacket and trousers
- Food and drink
- Personal medication (if required)
A comprehensive kit list is given with the joining instructions. We also have lots of kit to loan out, so if we can help you out simply let us know what you need on your booking form.
Dates for 2022:
Contact for private bookings on email firstname.lastname@example.org or the enquiry form below