Please view our COVID page to maximise your safety whilst enjoying outdoor activities with us at this time.
Tinkadventures prioritise your safety in our Risk Assessments and operations at all times to ensure you have an enjoyable day with us – whether that’s in the mountains, on the moors or at the crag.
Emily as a full member of the Holme Valley Mountain Rescue team is very much aware of the likelihood and consequences of the risks encountered in mountainous environments.
Please read our acknowledgement of risk:
We actively manage the safety of our operations in a number of ways:
- Regular reviews of formal Risk Assessments for all our activities to ensure they are relevant and include current good practice
- Consistently conducting dynamic Risk Assessments on events and not being afraid of changing plans if conditions or situations dictate
- Careful selection of experienced staff, holding nationally and internationally recognised outdoor awards and qualifications. Staff will be current in their Continued Professional Development and ideally members of the Mountain Training Association, Association of Mountaineering Instructors or other professional associations
- We request and provide detailed information to both clients and Mountain Leader staff to ensure all parties are well informed prior to joining an event
- Asking for and acting upon any feedback given by clients and staff, especially regarding safety matters
- Choosing industry recommended providers for insurance and legal advice
- We are committed to our own improvement and learning within the industry and take regular steps to refresh skills, embark on new training and Continued Professional Development (CPD)
- As individual members of The British Mountaineering Council (The BMC), we agree with and promote the education and understanding of the following Participation Statement from The BMC’s Mission Statements:
“The BMC recognises that climbing and mountaineering are activities with a danger of personal injury or death. Participants in these activities should be aware of and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions.”
Terms and Conditions
When you book a course with us you are accepting our booking terms and conditions: