This is the perfect course for anybody to start bouldering on real rock. Even if you’ve never climbed before!
If you want to transfer your indoor bouldering to the outdoors, or want learn bouldering from scratch. Tinkadventures can get you there!
Once some basic safety has been learned you’ll spend the day climbing and learning about bouldering from our expert instructors. By the end of the day you’ll have the knowledge to independently boulder both safely and competently, and be inspired to explore further.
All Tinkadventures’ climbing courses are suitable for 12 years and upwards, though under 18’s must accompanied by a responsible adult.
The course covers:
You’ll to spend the whole day bouldering at some of the best crags in the North of England and learn some key bouldering skills:
- Background and Planning: An awareness of the types of places you can boulder in the UK and Ireland, how to use guidebooks and mobile devices to find crags and routes and crag etiquette.
- Climbing Skills: Fundamental movement skills and technique. Training and improvement.
- Footwear and Equipment: Selecting and using bouldering equipment such as climbing shoes, bouldering mats and other specific equipment.
- Safeguarding: How to look after yourself and your friends at the crag and prevent accidents/injuries for occurring.
- Environmental Knowledge: The impact of climbers at the crag, ethics, access and environmental considerations for climbers.
- Hazards and Emergency Procedures: Identifying hazards, managing risk, understanding common injuries and how to get help in an emergency.
The course costs include the use of specialist equipment and all training materials. We encourage you to use your own gear if you have it so you get confident with it, but are happy to loan any equipment that you may need e.g. helmet, harness or boots, free of charge. Simply let us know what you need on your booking form.
A suggested kit list together is in the joining instructions.